The NHS is appealing for the local community to consider whether alternative health services can meet their needs before attending the Emergency Departments (A&Es) in Wexham Park Hospital and Frimley Park Hospital. The Accident and Emergency departments at Wexham Park and Frimley Park Hospitals are currently under extreme pressure.
The appeal has been made after both hospitals have seen unprecedented numbers of patients arriving, many of whom could have received the care or treatment they needed without coming to the Emergency Department.
Help us help you access the right service for your healthcare needs. Unless it’s an emergency remember there’s lots of alternatives for you to make use of:
· Visit your local pharmacy
· During the day contact your GP practice via an online consultation or phone
· Contact NHS 111 online, www.111.nhs.uk or dial 111. If you are calling NHS 111, please be patient. NHS 111 may advise you to contact your GP or its out-of-hours service or attend the Bracknell Minor Injuries Unit.
· For minor injuries, such as sprains and strains, suspected broken limbs, minor head injuries, visit the Minor Injury Unit at Brants Bridge in Bracknell – open 8am-8pm 7 days a week. X-ray available Sunday to Friday
· For babies, children and young people, visit Frimley Healthier Together, for simple traffic light advice on what to do when they are unwell or injured https://bit.ly/FHTICB22
· Anyone with a life-threatening condition should call 999.