The NHS is appealing for the local community to consider whether alternative health services can meet their needs before attending the Emergency Departments (A&Es) in Wexham Park Hospital and Frimley Park Hospital. The Accident and Emergency departments at Wexham Park and Frimley Park Hospitals are currently under extreme pressure.
The appeal has been made after both hospitals have seen unprecedented numbers of patients arriving, many of whom could have received the care or treatment they needed without coming to the Emergency Department.
Help us help you access the right service for your healthcare needs. Unless it’s an emergency remember there’s lots of alternatives for you to make use of:
· Visit your local pharmacy
· During the day contact your GP practice via an online consultation or phone
· Contact NHS 111 online, www.111.nhs.uk or dial 111. If you are calling NHS 111, please be patient. NHS 111 may advise you to contact your GP or its out-of-hours service or attend the Bracknell Minor Injuries Unit.
· For minor injuries, such as sprains and strains, suspected broken limbs, minor head injuries, visit the Minor Injury Unit at Brants Bridge in Bracknell – open 8am-8pm 7 days a week. X-ray available Sunday to Friday
· For babies, children and young people, visit Frimley Healthier Together, for simple traffic light advice on what to do when they are unwell or injured https://bit.ly/FHTICB22
· Anyone with a life-threatening condition should call 999.
The following Notice of Intent has been issued by Slough Borough Council. See attached the map of diversion routes for your information:
Section 14(1)(a) the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (‘RTRA 1984’) and Regulation 3 of the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Procedure Regulations 1992.
SLOUGH BOROUGH COUNCIL (Uxbridge Road Service Road West and its junction with The Firthe and Mirador Crescent) ORDER 2021 (‘Proposed Order’)
1. SLOUGH BOROUGH COUNCIL gives notice that it proposes to make an order under section 14(1)(a) of the RTRA 1984 and any other enabling powers.
2. If made, the Proposed Order will prohibit any traffic passing through Uxbridge Road Service Road West, Slough, SL2 from its junction with The Frithe Slough SL2 to 283 Uxbridge Road Slough SL2 5PA. Both junctions will not be closed simultaneously. The works will firstly be carried out at junction The Firthe, which will then re-open and then secondly at Mirador Crescent.
3. The Proposed Order is needed because works are or are proposed to be carried out on or near the road.
4. If made, the Proposed Order shall come into operation at 00:01 hours on Monday 13th December 2021 for a period of 18 months, or until the works have been completed. All works are expected to be completed by 23:59 hours on Friday 28th January 2022. Actual dates and timing of the closure are given below.
00:01 hours on 13th December 2021 to 23:59 hours on 23rd December 2021
00:01 hours on 27th December 2021 to 23:59 hours on 28th January 2022
5. An alternative route will be available for use while the Proposed Order is in force with a local diversion sign at the location. Advanced warning notices will be at the locations advising of the dates the works will be carried out. Access will be maintained for all local residents and businesses.
6. A copy of the Proposed Order and a plan showing the parts of the highway affected may be inspected at the site where the closure will take place or at Slough Council website using the below https://www.slough.gov.uk/consultations-petitions/public-notices-orders/2
7. If you have any queries regarding the proposed work or alternative route, please contact Blu-3 UK Limited, who are carrying out this temporary closure, by telephone on 0208 686 2138 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. :
8. Alternatively, you can contact the Slough Borough Council at Service Lead – Planning & Transport, Slough Borough Council, Observatory House, 25 Windsor Road, Slough SL1 2EY; by email at email@example.com; or by phone on 01753 875330.
Dated: Friday 19th November 2021
Funding remains available for the ESFA Community Training Grants programme in the Thames Valley Berkshire LEP. The programme aims to support projects which will move unemployed and economically inactive people closer to the labour market, and can support a very diverse range of activities (both formal and informal training). We have recently updated our application form, simplifying it and making it easier to apply. The payment structure of the grant has also been changed, with organisations receiving a greater proportion as an upfront payment.
We would welcome your support in sharing information about the programme within your networks. A promotion pack that explains the programme and its aims in more detail is attached. Included in this pack is an email template which you can use to share information with organisations you think may be interested, or other networks you think it would be valuable to share with.
The next application deadline is 21 June 2021. If an application is submitted by 14th June 2021, we will be able to provide feedback to strengthen the application before the final deadline.
ESFA Community Training Grants Team
12-20 Baron Street, N1 9LL
Direct Dial: 020 7239 1286
Switchboard: 020 7278 1514
Mobile: 07716 992131
Mobile: 07716 992158
|Hamzah Ishtiaq AHMED||Labour Party||505|
|Mubashir AHMED||Independent||578 (E)|
|Shaida Abbas AKBAR||Labour Party||525 (E)|
|Sajid Mahmood JANJUA||Independent||499|
|Kamaljit KAUR||Labour Party||522 (E)|
|Sarfraz KHAN||Labour Party||497|
|Josiah Njore KIMANI||Labour Party||441|
|Sandra MALIK||Labour Party||517|
|Gurcharan Singh MANKU||Independent||494|
|Lesley MCNICHOL||Independent||575 (E)|
|Sajid NAWAZ||Independent||530 (E)|
|Singh RUPRAH||Independent||529 (E)|
|Jaswinder SINGH||Independent||538 (E)|
|Paul SOHAL||Labour Party||477|
Result: Independent x 5, Labour x 2
It might not be your turn for the vaccine yet and you still need to go out and about for work, see people or even just pop to the shops.
So why not make sure you don’t have covid with a simple rapid test?
There are three rapid testing centres open until the end of March offering free rapid testing to anyone in the community – as long as they don’t have symptoms or should be isolating.
For some key workers – such as child care, delivery, taxi and mini-cab drivers, shop staff, in fact anyone who can’t work from home – it is recommended they get tested twice a week.
It is estimated around one in three people who have covid don’t have any symptoms but could still be contagious, passing on the virus to others they come into contact with. A quick and easy test could give you the peace of mind to do your job without worry. Just make sure you keep doing hands-face-space!
You can get tested at:
* The Centre, Farnham Road – Tuesday to Saturday, 8am til 8pm (Sat til 6pm)
* Langley Pavilion, Langley Road – Tuesday to Saturday, 8am til 6pm
* Arbour Park – Tuesday to Saturday, 8am til 6pm
You can book (see link below) or just pop in during opening hours.
For more information on mass rapid testing or to book an appointment see: https://www.slough.gov.uk/coronavirus/mass-rapid-testing
If you need to go out of your home for work, to go to the shops or even just to drop the kids at nursery why not get a covid test?
Rapid tests are designed for those without symptoms and there are sites across the town – and it’s free and you can pop in as often as you like!
5,708 rapid tests have already been done in Slough – with 92 people found to be covid positive but with no symptoms.
So don’t be a silent spreader of covid – get a rapid test!
No appointment necessary – just drop in during opening hours to:
Could you help change a child’s life? You don’t need to own your own home to be a foster carer, you just need a spare room and a safe environment for a young person or child. We are looking for foster carers to help children in care who are desperate for some stability in their life, a place they can call their home and a family they can turn to. Can you help these children? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Find out more by visiting our website at www.fosterforslough.com or contact us on 01753 690777.