Wexham Court Parish Council – Charity Trustee Nominations
Wexham Court Parish Council has agreed to establish a charity for the benefit of the residents in the parish. The proposed charity will be called Wexham Court Trust and will aim to:
(1) Support those who are disadvantaged due to financial hardship with hardship grants to alleviate their difficulties
(2) Support those who are elderly and persons with disabilities who experience disadvantage and social exclusion
(3) Support and develop young people through recreational activities and projects that engages them actively to make a positive contribution to society
(4) Support lifelong learning for children and young people by establishing or supporting projects that increase attainment in school and build life skills
(5) Encourage better use of the environment and to support the use of allotments as a means to develop and engage people of all ages
(6) Support local charities and groups with grants to support other projects that impact positively on the lives of the residents of the parish
These aims will be achieved within the following charitable objects:
For the benefit of the inhabitants of the parish of Wexham Court and surrounding areas:
1) to provide or assist in the provision of facilities in the interests of social welfare for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances with the object of improving their conditions of life;
2) to relieve financial hardship by means of but not exclusively making grants for providing or paying for items, equipment, services and facilities for the benefit of the said persons;
3) to further such charitable purposes for the public benefit as are exclusively charitable according to the laws of England and Wales as the trustees may from time to time determine.
The Council is now seeking nominations for trustees of this charity. We require 3 parishioners to act as trustees to govern the setup of the charity and establish the charity. These 3 persons will serve a term of two years and join 2 councillors/persons appointed by the Council directly.
Charity trustees are the people responsible for governing a charity and directing how it is managed and run. Trustees have responsibilities and duties which are defined in law. This requires for example that trustees act in the best interests of the charity, comply with the law and the Constitution, act with reasonable skill and care, manage the resources of the charity responsibly, set the strategic direction of the Charity and ensure that there is accountability.
Also not anyone can be a trustee. Therefore, the Parish Council has set the following criteria for anyone who wishes to nominate someone.
To be eligible, the person nominated shall be
- at least 18 years of age
- resident in the Parish of Wexham Court
- of sound mind
- is committed to equality and treatment of others with respect
- is not bankrupt or have an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) with creditors
- doesn’t have an unspent conviction (including any that involve dishonesty or deception)
- is not on the sex offenders’ register
The Parish Council is looking for nominations from persons who are eligible in accordance with the above who also have the following:
- Commitment to better the lives of residents of the Parish
- Have previously acted in a voluntary or paid capacity in projects that have positively impacted local residents
- Has a good understanding of the needs of communities in the Parish
- Is of sound mind and good repute
- Has high level of integrity
- Has excellent listening and communication skills
The trustee role requires a time commitment of approximately 1 meeting monthly.
Process of Nomination
The Parish Council requires that any nomination for the trusteeship are made directly to Adil Iftakhar Clerk, Wexham Court Parish Council, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for nomination is 5pm 10th January 2022. You are required to submit a CV and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role as a trustee for this proposed charity.
All applications will be considered by the Parish Council and decisions on those that have been selected for interview shall be made by the 28th February 2023.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo DBS checks, provide certified proof of ID and certified proof of address. They will also be required to sign a trustee eligibility declaration form and the application for registration shall be submitted to the Charity Commission with their details.